According to the PHC (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- More than 200,000 patients get infections every year while receiving healthcare in Canada; more than 8,000 of these patients die as a result.
- Mortality rates attributable to Clostridium difficile infection have more than tripled in Canada since 1997.
- The healthcare-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection rate increased more than 1,000% from 1995 to 2009.
- About 80% of common infections are spread by healthcare workers, patients and visitors.
- Proper hand hygiene can significantly reduce the spread of infection.
- Best practices in preventing infection can reduce the risk of some infections to close to zero.
We are committed to doing our part to reduce the risk of infection at your facility.
CleanShield Services specializes in the cleaning and sanitizing of Healthcare Facilities and Medical Clinics. We use a systematic and detail focused approach to cleaning your facility. Our expertise is unmatched in the market.
Our staff goes through an in-depth training program based on the infection prevention guidelines set out by the College of Physicians of Ontario. We use the best, hospital grade products to ensure your facility will be clean and safe for your patients and your staff.
Our services are completely customized to fit your facility’s budget and needs. We can provide daily cleaning, maintenance of floors/carpets and interior window.
There are many reasons why medical office owners throughout Ontario prefer us over other clinical cleaning companies. Some of these include:
- We disinfect better - Our QUAT-4, hospital strength disinfectants provide a broad kill spectrum, with minimum volume usage.
- We fight cross contamination - Frequent changing of color-coded micro fiber cloths and flat mops stop the spread of germs and eliminate cross contamination.
- We know restrooms - Our highly trained staff use first rate cleaning products and processes to attack bacteria and destroy it where it breeds. Through our clinical cleaning services, we pay special attention to high touch areas such as taps, towel dispensers, flush handles and push plates so that nothing is left to chance.
- We know carpet & floors - Our multiple cleaning processes and proactive carpet and hard floor care program work jointly to keep carpets and floors fresh, clean and germ free, reflecting well on you and your patients.
- We work greener – Our clinical cleaning staff use fewer chemicals, meaning less damage to the environment. We even offer a certified green clean program at your request.
- We improve air quality - Our four filter backpack vacuums remove dirt up to 0.3 microns (HEPA quality) and keep it out of the air quietly and more efficiently.
- We train better - Our staff receive weeks of intensive training including specialized disinfection processes for patient treatment rooms, critical care and surgical suites, terminal patient room cleaning and dental operator cleaning; it’s the most rigorous training in our industry. We ensure our clinical cleaning staff are the very best in the industry.
- We speak OH&S - We train our staff in Exposure Control Plan & Compliance Hazardous Communication Standard, Blood Borne Pathogen Standard, MSDS Compliance Chemical Handling and Label Compliance Standard and Drug Testing Methods.
- We operate securely - All CleanShield staff wear uniforms and prominently displayed ID badges.